Saturday, February 27, 2010
My mom made this with us when we where kids, This is a fun project for your kids!
* 1/2 cup salt
* 2 cups water
* Food coloring, tempera powder, or Kool-Aid powder for color
* 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
* 2 cups sifted flour
* 2 tablespoons alum
1. Combine salt and water in saucepan and boil until salt dissolves.
2. Remove from heat and tint with food coloring, tempera powder, or Kool-Aid.
3. Add oil, flour, and alum.
4. Knead until smooth.
5. This dough will last 2 months or longer.