This recipe can be used as a main dish or as a finger food appetizer.
6 to 10 cups canola oil (required by fryer)
1 egg, beaten
1 cup milk
1 cup Progresso Italian style breadcrumbs
12 pre-made beef raviolis (fresh, or if frozen, thawed)
1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
On the Side:
1/2 cup marinara sauce warmed
1. Preheat the oil in your deep fryer to 325 degrees F ( you can use a pot or pan to fry if you don't have a deep fryer)
2. Combine the beaten egg with the milk in shallow bowl. Pour the breadcrumbs into another shallow bowl.
3. Bread the ravioli by dipping each one in the milk and egg, then into the breadcrumbs. Arrange the breaded ravioli on a plate and let them sit for 5 minutes so that the breading sticks.
4. When the raviolis have rested, drop a handful into the oil. Depending on the size of your fryer, you may want to fry in batches so they aren't to crowded. Fry for 1 to 2 mins. or until golden brown. Remove them to a draining rack or a paper-towel lined plate.
5. When all the raviolis are cooked, arrange them on a serving plate and sprinkle 1 T. of grated Parmesan cheese over the top. Serve the dish with a small bowl of warmed marinara sauce on the side for dipping or if used for main course, serve over the top.
Serves 3 to 4 as an appetizer